- Before cleaning the tattooed area, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Carefully remove the gauze bandage and tape.
- If the gauze sticks, use warm water to remove do not rip it off!
using mild soap and cool water, gently and carefully cleanse the area and pat dry. do not
rub with a washcloth or towel.
- Apply a thin layer of bacitracin or aquaphor on the tattoo.
- Repeat cleansing and application of bacitracin or aquaphor 2-4 times a day for three days.
- Healing usually takes 7 to 10 days depending on the size of the tattoo. as it heals expect peeling like sunburned skin.
- DO NOT PICK AT SCABS!!
- Avoid sunburn, salt or chlorinated pool water, hot tubs, saunas and steam baths while
the tattoo is healing.
- Itching is expected. DO NOT SCRATCH THE TATTOO!
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call or come by the shop.